Re: Draft new XML Core WG charter

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:54:12 -0500
To: "Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Cc: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 10:21 -0500, Grosso, Paul wrote:
> I have done so at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/03/xml-core-wg-charter-200607.html
> Henry, Philippe, I didn't try to adjust the Team FTE estimate.

0.5 is an appropriate number.

> All, please especially check the deliverables section to see
> if I've correctly listed all the documents we're planning to
> generate.  (I still hope we generate most of them before the
> end of June!)

Scope is missing xml:id.

In deliverables:

"All publications are expected to be published under the 24 January 2002
CPP as amended by the W3C Patent Policy Transition Procedure." I don't
believe XLink 1.1 anc C14n 1.1 are under CPP, but under PP instead.

"The expiration date of this charter is 30 June 2007."
Should we make it two years instead? I don't remember what we suggested
on this in Mandelieu.

Working Group Participation

"Effective participation is expected to consume one-half workday per
week for each Working Group participant; two days per week for editors
during active editing periods."

This should be updated. I don't believe anyone plans to allow that much.

"To be successful, we expect the XML Core Working Group to have 8 or
more active participants for its duration."

This might need update as well.

> Extra credit:  While this looks fine in IE, in Netscape 8.1,
> I see a couple hieroglyphics at the top--I suspect some kind
> of BOM.  Can anyone figure out what I did wrong to get this?

Looks fine in firefox if I view it locally.