Re: Draft new XML Core WG charter

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 10:21 -0500, Grosso, Paul wrote:
> I have done so at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/03/xml-core-wg-charter-200607.html
>
> Henry, Philippe, I didn't try to adjust the Team FTE estimate.

0.5 is an appropriate number.

> All, please especially check the deliverables section to see
> if I've correctly listed all the documents we're planning to
> generate.  (I still hope we generate most of them before the
> end of June!)

Scope is missing xml:id.

In deliverables:

"All publications are expected to be published under the 24 January 2002
CPP as amended by the W3C Patent Policy Transition Procedure." I don't
believe XLink 1.1 anc C14n 1.1 are under CPP, but under PP instead.

Duration

"The expiration date of this charter is 30 June 2007."
Should we make it two years instead? I don't remember what we suggested
on this in Mandelieu.

Working Group Participation

"Effective participation is expected to consume one-half workday per
week for each Working Group participant; two days per week for editors
during active editing periods."

This should be updated. I don't believe anyone plans to allow that much.

"To be successful, we expect the XML Core Working Group to have 8 or
more active participants for its duration."

This might need update as well.

> Extra credit:  While this looks fine in IE, in Netscape 8.1,
> I see a couple hieroglyphics at the top--I suspect some kind
> of BOM.  Can anyone figure out what I did wrong to get this?

Looks fine in firefox if I view it locally.

Philippe