Re: C14N 1.1 WD [was: Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2006 August 23]

Thomas Roessler wrote:
> On 2006-08-28 11:15:20 -0400, Grosso, Paul wrote:
>
>> What changes need to be made to the C14N 1.1 WD for our first
>> public WD which we want to approve for publication this
>> Wednesday?
>>

> My impression was, no changes for FPWD.  But maybe I'm confused as
> well.

That was my impression too.

So the first working draft will be published as is with the exemption of
a note saying that there
will be an update soon and hence reference RFC 2396 only.

As soon as the xml:base REC is updated to reference RFC 3986 (RFC 3987)
we will issue a new working draft of c14n 1.1 that will also reference
RFC 3986 (RFC 3987).
The relevant changes for the latter can be derived from the following
locations:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2006Jun/0032.html
amended by
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2006Jul/0019.html
and explaining the appendix as in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2006Jul/0022.html

That's my understanding and seems to match what is in the agenda/minutes.