W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > August 2006

Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2006 August 16

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:08:41 -0400
Message-ID: <CF83BAA719FD2C439D25CBB1C9D1D30204495EF8@HQ-MAIL4.ptcnet.ptc.com>
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>


We have an XML Core WG phone call scheduled for Wednesday, 
August 16, from
          08:00-09:00 Pacific time aka
          11:00-12:00 Eastern time aka
          15:00-16:00 UTC
          16:00-17:00 in Ireland and the UK
          17:00-18:00 in middle (most of) Europe
          20:30-21:30 in most of India
on the Zakim W3C Bridge, +1 617 761 6200, passcode 9652#.
We also use IRC channel #xmlcore on irc.w3.org:6665 .

See the XML Core group page [1] for pointers to current documents
and other information.  If you have additions to the agenda, please
email them to the WG list before the start of the telcon.

Please also review our group page's task list [2] for accuracy and
completeness and be prepared to amend if necessary and accept it
at the beginning of the call.


Agenda
======
1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
   the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
   or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).

Konrad sends regrets August 16.

Glenn send regrets August 16, 23. 

Jose send regrets for August 23.


2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.


3.  C14N 

At the f2f, we decided to produce a W3C WG Note documenting 
the current situation and issues and problems.

The latest version of this note is at
http://www.w3.org/2006/04/c14n-note/c14n-note.html

ACTION to Richard:  Review section 5 in the Note.

Jose convinced Thomas to have a separate note for the
"how to use XML Signature today" part.

Initial draft:
  http://www.w3.org/2006/04/c14n-note/dsig2006-note

----

The latest editor's draft of C14N 1.1 is at
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/05/WD-xml-c14n11-20060510.html

Richard sent some related email at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2006Jun/0056

ACTION to Richard:  Reply to Konrad's email, esp
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2006Jul/0022
as amended by
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2006Jul/0023


4.  xml:base, [baseURI], and IRIs.

At the f2f, we had CONSENSUS to change the 
xml:base spec to make it clear we allow IRIs as the 
value of xml:base. We also want to allow IRIs in the 
infoset [baseURI] information item.

One paragraph in the Infoset says the baseURI may
have unescaped characters, but elsewhere it says
the baseURI follows XML Base which points to RFC 2396.
If we change XML Base, we shouldn't have to change
the Infoset spec much.


5.  XLink update.

XLink is now in CR--published at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-xlink11-20060328/ 

Norm sent some email about his test suite at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2006Mar/0066

Henry explains that Norm created some code (to check xlinks
and xml:base) as well as test documents.  Henry put up the
documents, but he needs to work with W3M to put up the code.
Otherwise, we could just put up the output.

ACTION to Henry:  Continue to put up the XLink test suite
including the code if feasible.

Paul wrote a draft PR request at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2006Jul/0001

We think there is nothing else to do before PR except
creating an up to date Disposition of Comments.

ACTION to Norm:  Create an XLink DoC.

Re: Boris' comment as discussed at our last telcon, Henry thinks
we decided not to do anything, but he's not sure, so we need to
wait to hear what Norm thinks.  Henry things Norm took an action
to contact Boris, but we need Norm to confirm.


6. XML 1.0/1.1. 

XML 1.0/1.1 PERs were published on 2006 June 14 with a 
PER end date of July 12.

Francois has produced Rec-ready versions of the specs at 
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/08/xml10-4e/Overview.html and 
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/08/xml11-2e/Overview.html


7. Namespaces in XML.

NS 1.0/1.1 PERs were published on 2006 June 14 with a 
PER end date of July 12.

Richard has produced Rec-ready versions of the specs at:
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/04/xml-names-2e/xml-names-10-2e.html
and
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/04/xml-names-2e/xml-names-11-2e.html

ACTION to Richard:  Record Anne's issue/proposed resolution
in the Namespace PE document.


8. Xinclude Rec was published 2004 December 30 at:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xinclude-20041220/

Our XInclude potential errata document is at:
http://www.w3.org/XML/2005/01/proposed-xinclude-errata

Daniel has updated the Errata document at
http://www.w3.org/2004/12/xinclude-errata 

Daniel has drafted XInclude 2nd Edition with all 
the errata (including the IRI one) applied. Result is 
http://www.w3.org/XML/2006/04/XInclude/REC-xinclude-20060423.html
with a diff version at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2006/04/XInclude/REC-xinclude-20060423-review.html

Still need to handle errata document for the new edition
and other front matter.

Paul sent a draft PER request at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2006May/0044

The current plan is to publish XInclude 2e and send it for 
PER during the last week of June [*** needs revision ***].

DV reports that there are a few changes in the XInlude 
errata that could benefit from a test suite. 

ACTION: DV to propose new XInclude tests.


9.  Associating stylesheets--awaiting TAG action.

Henry reports that the HTML CG has been discussing this
for a while.  They are developing a draft statement of
the issue, and Chris Lilley will raise this at the XML CG.

Chris started the discussion on the XML CG list--see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-cg/2005Jul/thread.html#15
The XML CG will continue to discuss it for a while.


10.  Henry raises that RFC 3023 is out of date and the draft
replacement has expired.  

Chris has gotten the source and made the changes.

There is a draft at
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/son-of-3023/draft-murata-kohn-lilley-xml-02.tx
t
that can be reviewed now with comments sent to the XML Core
mailing list and/or Chris Lilley.

Paul sent some comments on 3023bis to the XML CG at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-cg/2006Apr/0026

Henry says Chris is going to take the XML CG input outlined at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-cg/2006Apr/0019
and produce another draft.

Chris and Henry also are backing "xpointer scheme" down 
from "registered" to "pending" in the registry.

We will now await a new draft from Chris.

When 3023bis becomes a reality, we might have some
specs that need updating for the reference, but we
don't expect any major changes.


[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core
[2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2006Aug/0008
Received on Monday, 14 August 2006 16:12:44 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:34 GMT