Re: Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2005 Nov 2

From: Glenn Marcy <gmarcy@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 10:22:00 -0500
To: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
> ACTION to Glenn:  Send out new rewording per our above
> discussion.

The current wording in Section 2.4 Document Subsets is:

The processing of an element node E MUST be modified slightly when an
XPath node-set is given as input and the element's parent is omitted
from the node-set. The method for processing the attribute axis of an
element E in the node-set is enhanced. All element nodes along E's
ancestor axis are examined for nearest occurrences of attributes in
the xml namespace, such as xml:lang and xml:space (whether or not they
are in the node-set). From this list of attributes, remove any that are
in E's attribute axis (whether or not they are in the node-set). Then,
lexicographically merge this attribute list with the nodes of E's
attribute axis that are in the node-set. The result of visiting the
attribute axis is computed by processing the attribute nodes in this
merged attribute list.

Proposed rewording:

The processing of an element node E MUST be modified slightly when an
XPath node-set is given as input and the element's parent is omitted
from the node-set. The method for processing the attribute axis of an
element E in the node-set is enhanced. All element nodes along E's
ancestor axis are examined for nearest occurrences of the attributes
xml:lang and xml:space (whether or not they are in the node-set).
>From this list of attributes, remove any that are in E's attribute
axis (whether or not they are in the node-set). Then, lexicographically
merge this attribute list with the nodes of E's attribute axis that
are in the node-set. The result of visiting the attribute axis is
computed by processing the attribute nodes in this merged attribute
list.

Regards,

Glenn