Re: DRAFT: Transition Request: PR Request forxml:id

Paul Grosso" writes:

>> HST writes
>> > The implementation results are available at:
>> > http://www.w3.org/XML/2005/01/xml-id/ @@@@@@@ Norm this needs work
>>
>> I think we can/should cite the test suite and the report separately,
>> say
>>
>>  The Working Group has developed a test suite for use in testing
>>  interoperability, which is described at
>>  http://www.w3.org/XML/Test/xml-id/.
>>
>>  An implementation report, describing the results of five
>>  implementations, is available at [1].

> I'm confused here.
>
> My draft PR request email says:
>
>  The test suite for xml:id is available at:
>  http://www.w3.org/XML/Test/xml-id/
>
>  The implementation results are available at:
>  http://www.w3.org/XML/2005/01/xml-id/ @@@@@@@ Norm this needs work
>
> Isn't that citing them separately?

Yes, that came lower down -- the bit I quoted and suggested changes to
came higher up -- I hadn't seen the repetition at that point, but
decided to leave the suggestion in, since I thought _if_ the
repetition was intended, I had a mild preference for being clear and
differentiating the suite from the report both times.  Not a big deal.

ht
                     Half-time member of W3C Team
            Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk