Re: [Draft] Transition Request: PR Request for XInclude

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 15:27:43 +0100
To: "Paul Grosso" <pgrosso@arbortext.com>
Cc: "XML Core WG" <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

"Paul Grosso" <pgrosso@arbortext.com> writes:

> The XML Core WG has received two replies from a commentor objecting to
> our response--see issues xi-2 and xi-12.  In each case, the XML Core WG
> re-affirmed our original response.

I would suggest quoting from our rationale in each case, i.e.

 for xi-2:

   "We decided to leave IRI validation up to the implementation.  ERH
    objects to doing so, but Daniel's implementation is a case in point
    where IRI validation is not feasible."  [1]

 for xi-12

   "The WG's understanding of the request from I18N and the TAG in
    this area leads us to reconfirm our previous decision."

> The implementation results are available at (member only):
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2004/08/xinclude-implementation/report.html

I think we need to gloss some of the anomalies in this report,
e.g. "skipped" and "unsupported XPointer" in the MT XInclude column.

> The above two optional features are considered at-risk.
> [@@@ Do we have implementations of these?]
> [@@@@ Be explicit about whether we have fulfilled our exit criteria.]

We _really_ need a 3rd implementation . . .

> Our IPR disclosure page is at
> @@@@@ [Henry, what is the correct pointer?]

http://www.w3.org/2002/08/xmlcore-IPR-statements (CPP disclosure, as
that is what this document was produced under)

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Aug/0014.html
                     Half-time member of W3C Team
            Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk