XML namespace files revisited

From: Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:11:52 -0400
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

At the XML CG telcon that just ended, I mentioned that we
just updated the Schema for the XML namespace.

Then in response to a question from Michael, we had
some discussion of discrepancy between
    http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd and
    http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace.xsd and
    http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace.html
and I ended up with:

NEW ACTION: PG to discuss discrepancies between /2001/xml.xsd
and /XML/1998/namespace.xsd with XML Core WG.

I know we've discussed in the past that there are a mess of
files and some of the mess isn't easily (or painlessly) fixed,
but I guess we should touch once more on this issue.

Is there anything more we can do here?

Is there a better explanation (than I could give, which
wasn't much, I'm afraid) of the pile of files and why
each one is what it is?