XML Core WG devloping xml:id

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:38:37 -0400
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>, MURATA Makoto <EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp>
Cc: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
Gentlemen,

The XML Core WG asked me to make you aware of our continuing work on
an xml:id specification as it may have some impact on RFC 3023. In
fact, I don't personally believe that it does. A document for which
xml:id processing has been performed will simply have more attributes
of type "ID" that can be identified by barename fragment identifiers.

However, if you feel there is any impact that we may have overlooked,
please let us know. You can find the current editors draft at

  http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2004/xmlcore/xmlid/xml-id.html

Note that a new draft is expected later today.