W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > July 2004

Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2004 July 28

From: Paul Grosso <pgrosso@austin.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:24:18 -0500
Message-Id: <4.3.2.7.2.20040727142308.01429360@pop-server.austin.rr.com>
To: XML Core WG <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

[Due to email problems, this may (eventually) be a duplicate. paul]

We have an XML Core WG phone call scheduled for Wednesday, July 28, from
          08:00-09:00 Pacific time aka
          11:00-12:00 Eastern time aka
          15:00-16:00 UTC
          16:00-17:00 in Ireland and the UK
          17:00-18:00 in middle (most of) Europe
on the Zakim W3C Bridge, +1 617 761 6200, passcode 9652#.
We also use IRC channel #xmlcore on irc.w3.org:6665 .

See the XML Core group page [1] for pointers to current documents
and other information.  If you have additions to the agenda, please
email them to the WG list before the start of the telcon.

Please also review our group page's task list [2] for accuracy and
completeness and be prepared to amend if necessary and accept it
at the beginning of the call.

Agenda
======
1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and the current
   task status [2] (have any questions, comments, or corrections
   ready by the beginning of the call).


2. Place holder for administrivia, reviews, etc.


3. Problem with xml:space in the Schema document for the XML namespace

Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org> sent us email on this at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Jul/0019


4. XML errata.  The published 1.0 errata document is [8], the
   published 1.1 errata document is [9], and the NEW PUBLIC
   Potential Errata (PE) document is [7]. 

PE 130 Missing paren in section 5.2 in XML 1.1
----------------------------------------------
Editorial.  We should add the missing paren (was in 3rd Ed).

PE 131 Space or S in XML decl.
------------------------------
We use Space in the XML decl, but S elsewhere.

I (PBG) think the spec is as we decided/desired per earlier discussion.

See http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2003/03/xml11-doc/xml11-cr-comments.html#issue-Tobin-02
and http://www.w3.org/XML/2003/06/xml11-cr-doc.html .   We can point to the latter (as
it's a public document), referencing Tobin-02 [too bad there aren't name attributes on
these <a> elements for each issue so we can point to a specific one--maybe next time!]
which points to the issue (nicely explained by Richard) and our decisions on the comment 
list.

So I think the resolution should be to reference the Tobin-02 CR issue and resolution
and to make no change.


5. Namespaces in XML.

  ACTION to Richard:  Produce a draft for NS1.0 2nd Ed.


6. Xinclude CR was published April 13 at:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-xinclude-20040413
   The updated test suite cover page is at
   http://www.w3.org/XML/Test/XInclude/ 

Jonathan, Sandra, and Richard sent email on the test suite at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Jul/0021
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Jul/0022
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Jul/0025 
What is the current status of the test suite?

The PR-ready draft is at:
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2004/07/PR-xinclude/

The public DoC (aka latest issues list) is at:
http://www.w3.org/XML/2004/07/ExIT-xinclude/issues.html
At the top, this document says it's a DoC for the 3rd XInclude CR.
Are we really at the third CR, or just the second?

Am I reading the DoC correctly to say that we have closed all issues?

Are there any "closed" issues for which we have rebuttal we wish to discuss?

In the DoC, I don't understand "Ack" column of the table.  What does
"review reply unaddressed" mean?

I thought we got some push back from Elliotte that requires that we
indicate review non-acceptance of our resolution, but I don't see that
reflected in the DoC.

I believe we have some implementation feedback from Richard--that is what
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Jul/0025 
is, Richard, correct?

We still need implementation feedback from Daniel and Elliotte (and any
others from who we can).

ACTION to Richard, DV:  Provide a table giving results of running the
test suite on your implementation.

ACTION to Paul:  Write a PR request once we are ready to exit CR.


7. xml:id.

We should say that the values of xml:id must be
Names according to the XML version of the document.

ACTION: xml:id editors to update the draft to allow XML 1.0 and XML
        1.1 Names as appropriate.

We need to get into processing xml:id comments and producing a new draft.

ACTION to Daniel:  Work toward producing a new draft.


[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core
[2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Jul/0016
[7] http://www.w3.org/XML/2004/02/proposed-xml10-3e-and-xml11-errata.html
[8] http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-V10-3e-errata
[9] http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-V11-1e-errata
[12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2004AprJun/0058.html 
Received on Tuesday, 27 July 2004 15:24:32 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:31 GMT