Re: Non-XML binary formats.

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Stephen D. Williams wrote:

> After 20+ years, ASN.1 related software and standards haven't evolved
> and become available in ways that satisfy many current requirements or
> developers.  There are many reasons for this.
>
> Could you point me to free, public specifications of those encoding
> format details and the ASN.1 schema definition semantics?
>
> sdw

The complete set of ASN.1 standards documents are available free from the
ITU-T SG17 website.  The URL is:

http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/studygroups/com17/languages/index.html

The X.680 and X.690 series of documents make up the complete ASN.1
standard.  This includes X.693 (XML encoding rules) and X.694 (Mapping W3C
XML schema definitions into ASN.1).

Paul E. Thorpe                                 Toll Free    : 1-888-OSS-ASN1
OSS Nokalva                                    International: 1-732-302-0750
Email: thorpe@oss.com                          Tech Support : 1-732-302-9669
http://www.oss.com                             Fax          : 1-732-302-0023