Non-XML binary formats.

From: David Ryan <david@einet.com.au>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:41:30 +1100
To: public-xml-binary@w3.org

I'd be interested if anyone is working on, or knows of binary formats
with similar characteristics of binary XML but is not based on XML?  I
have developed one such alternative called Argot (some details at
www.einet.com.au ).  I'm interested if anyone has seen or developing
other formats (commercial or free) ?  I appologise if this is not the
best place for such a question, but I figure this working group would
have the most wide knowledge in this area.

Also, a friend pointed me towards the XML for Binary Interchange 2004
web site.  Ashame I wasn't aware of it before it happenned.  Is there
plans for a similar event in 2005?

Thanks,
David Ryan.
www.einet.com.au