XHTML2 draft

From: Krzysztof Maczyński <1981km@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 14:45:28 +0100
To: <public-xhtml2@w3.org>
Dear WG,

Shane McCarron wrote:
> We have historically
> embedded the 'issues' into the draft.  I think we should remove them
> from the Note.  There is no ongoing development, so things that were
> 'contentious' or otherwise subject to later consideration are not ever
> going to be considered.
Many of those issues make the spec practically unimplementable interoperably, pending their resolution (the impact would be too great). I believe they should stay in the document. Publishing it would be totally futile with the assumption that it won't ever matter.
Besides, http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Activity says:
> a new home for the XHTML2
> specification is being sought outside of W3C
It seems to contradict your last sentence. I know about talks with OASIS and foundation of future-web.org. You surely know more, Shane and WG members. Could you clarify, please?

Best regards,

Krzysztof Maczyński
Invited Expert, HTML WG