8413: XHTML1: XML Namespaces compliance (was Re: Issues log for XHTML 1.0 Second Edition)

From: Innovimax W3C <innovimax+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 20:29:16 +0200
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Cc: XHTML WG <public-xhtml2@w3.org>
Shane,

You state improperly that
[[
This appendix was removed from the recommendation. This clause in the
xhtml media types document was changed slightly, **but as far as we
know ids are permitted to contain colon characters even in XML
Namespace valid documents**. To answer your basic question, of course
XML Namespaces are required of XHTML 1.0 processors.
]]

Indeed in

It is clearly stated that Namespaces in XML 1.0 (Second Edition) [1]
In 7 Conformance of Documents
[[
It follows that in a namespace-valid document:
    * No attributes with a declared type of ID, IDREF(S), ENTITY(IES),
or NOTATION contain any colons.
]]

So please reconsider this answer

Regards,