W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xhtml2@w3.org > March 2009

[XHTML] minutes: virtual face2face, part 2, 2009-03-26

From: Gregory J. Rosmaita <oedipus@hicom.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 17:24:33 +0000
To: public-xhtml2@w3.org
Message-Id: <20090326172246.M7400@hicom.net>
aloha!

minutes from today's virtual face2face meeting are available as 
hypertext at:

http://www.w3.org/2009/03/26-xhtml-minutes.html

and as an IRC log at:

http://www.w3.org/2009/03/26-xhtml-irc

note that the following SIX resolutions were logged during today's 
face2face meeting:

   RESOLUTION: fix XHTML2 prose to include blockcode

   RESOLUTION: replace current explanation of P content model with "In
   comparison with earlier versions of HTML, where a paragraph could only
   contain inline text, XHTML2's paragraphs represent a richer content
   model."

   RESOLUTION: remove NL from XHTML2's List Module and replace with use
   of role="navigation"

   RESOLUTION: XHTML2 WG will discuss ITS integration and use of LINK
   versus XLink with representative from i18n

   RESOLUTION: re-introduce BR, marking as deprecated, and point out that
   for accessibility, is much better to use L

   RESOLUTION: leave ADDRESS as-is, add note that if author wants to
   create richer structures for that information, author can do so
   following language's extension mechanism, e.g. use SECTION


and the following action items were assigned:

   [NEW] ACTION: Gregory - draft example of P with prose list and
   structural list [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2009/03/26-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]
   * http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/tracker/actions/65   

   [NEW] ACTION: Shane to remove the nl element from XHTML 2 [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2009/03/26-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]
   * http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/tracker/actions/66

   [NEW] ACTION: Steven - talk to Richard to ask if someone from ITS can
   join an XHTML2 call to discuss this further [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2009/03/26-xhtml-minutes.html#action03]
   * http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/tracker/actions/67
   * NOTE: Steven fulfilled this action by sending a request in 
     real-time during the virtual F2F - details to follow when 
     available

   [NEW] ACTION: Steven to work out how to merge q values in the
   specification of content negotiation with hreftype etc. [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2009/03/26-xhtml-minutes.html#action04]
   * http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/tracker/actions/68

   [NEW] ACTION: Shane to put br element back into XHTML 2 with a note
   that there are better ways to mark up lines. [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2009/03/26-xhtml-minutes.html#action05]
   * http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/tracker/actions/69

   [NEW] ACTION: Gregory - send post to list explaining concerns over PRE
   [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/26-xhtml-minutes.html#action06]
   * http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/tracker/actions/70


as usual, any omissions, mis-attributions, mistakes, clarifications 
and the like should be logged by replying-to this announcement 
on-list...

the WG accomplished a lot at our second virtual face2face session of 
the month, so thanks to all who participated by phone, by IRC and by 
email...

gregory.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Accessibility, Internationalization, and Interoperability are not
"features", "overlays" or "add-ons".  Rather, they are core 
components of any architecture -- programmatic or otherwise.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
     Gregory J. Rosmaita, gregory@linux-foundation.org
Vice-Chair, WebMaster & Listmaster, Open Accessibility Workgroup
http://a11y.org/                                http://a11y/specs
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Received on Thursday, 26 March 2009 17:25:13 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 23 February 2010 18:12:53 GMT