Status XHTML2 WG

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:17:15 +0100
To: w3c-html-cg@w3.org
Cc: "XHTML WG" <public-xhtml2@w3.org>

CURIE Syntax 1.0 is a CR.
http://www.w3.org/News/2009#item4

XHTML Media types second edition published.
http://www.w3.org/News/2009#item6

Whitehouse.gov uses RDFa!
http://rdfa.info/2009/01/29/whitehousegov-uses-rdfa/
(UK Government has already been using RDFa for some time
http://rdfa.info/2008/05/01/the-london-gazette-to-use-rdfa/
)

As a result of the Media Types note, we have been asked to add @lang to
existing XHTML family members, to make them easier to deliver as
text/html. Since we are shortly re-issuing XHTML 1.1 and Basic 1.1 as
PERs, we are seriously considering using that occasion to add @lang.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2009Jan/0049.html

As already announced, we will be issuing 4 PERs:
XHTML 1.1, XHTML Basic 1.1, XHTML Print: in order to reference XHTML
Modularization 1.1
XHTML 1.0: In order to reference XHTML Media types

Shortly taking XHTML Role Attribute Module to CR.

Shortly taking XHTML Access module to CR.

Best wishes,

Steven Pemberton
For the XHTML2 WG