Status XHTML2 WG

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:17:15 +0100
To: w3c-html-cg@w3.org
Cc: "XHTML WG" <public-xhtml2@w3.org>

CURIE Syntax 1.0 is a CR.

XHTML Media types second edition published.

Whitehouse.gov uses RDFa!
(UK Government has already been using RDFa for some time

As a result of the Media Types note, we have been asked to add @lang to
existing XHTML family members, to make them easier to deliver as
text/html. Since we are shortly re-issuing XHTML 1.1 and Basic 1.1 as
PERs, we are seriously considering using that occasion to add @lang.

As already announced, we will be issuing 4 PERs:
XHTML 1.1, XHTML Basic 1.1, XHTML Print: in order to reference XHTML
Modularization 1.1
XHTML 1.0: In order to reference XHTML Media types

Shortly taking XHTML Role Attribute Module to CR.

Shortly taking XHTML Access module to CR.

Best wishes,

Steven Pemberton
For the XHTML2 WG