Re: img element height and width

From: Roland Merrick <roland_merrick@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:09:42 +0000
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Cc: XHTML WG <public-xhtml2@w3.org>, public-xhtml2-request@w3.org
Greetings Shane, agree, lets put 'em back in.

Regards, Roland

From:
Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
To:
XHTML WG <public-xhtml2@w3.org>
Date:
24/01/2009 17:11
Subject:
img element height and width

In working on the schema implementations, I noticed that we removed the
height and width attributes from the img element.  In my opinion this is
a bad idea - these are valuable hints during incremental rendering, AND
most user agents use the information to scale the image retrieved to the
size specified.

I think we should put these attributes back in.  Or provide guidance in
the prose for how to work around their absense via CSS.

741598.