How to provide an implementation of the CURIE syntax 1.0?

From: Christoph LANGE <ch.lange@jacobs-university.de>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 17:46:49 +0100
To: public-xhtml2@w3.org
Dear XHTML developers,

  I just read this news item (http://www.w3.org/News/2009#item4) calling for
implementations of the CURIE spec.  I'm the developer of Krextor, an
XSLT-based RDF extraction framework that supports CURIEs as a part of its
support for RDFa in XHTML and other host languages; see
http://kwarc.info/projects/krextor/.  It would be easy for me to create a
standalone module of the CURIE-related functions.  What would I have to do in
order to make this an implementation of the spec?  Do you provide any test
cases?

Cheers, and thanks,

Christoph