W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xhtml2@w3.org > October 2008

Fw: [XHTML] Agenda 2008-10-15

From: Roland Merrick <roland_merrick@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:42:48 +0100
To: XHTML WG <public-xhtml2@w3.org>
Message-ID: <OFCA199065.3CAF629F-ON802574E3.004B5454-802574E3.004B5D85@uk.ibm.com>
----- Forwarded by Roland Merrick/UK/IBM on 15/10/2008 14:42 -----

From:
Roland Merrick/UK/IBM
To:
public-xhtml2-request@w3.org
Date:
14/10/2008 16:40
Subject:
[XHTML] Agenda 2008-10-15


Our next call takes place on 2008-10-15 at 13:45UTC.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=10&day=15&hour=13&min=45&sec=0&p1=136&p2=179&p3=215&p4=248&p5=283


Zakim bridge, code 94865 ("XHTML"),
irc channel irc.w3.org #xhtml

Previous minutes: http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-xhtml-minutes

Regrets: Mark

Announcements:

 
Oustanding Actions 

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/tracker/actions/open

clean up of pre-tracker actions embedded in this agenda


Agenda

XML Events 
erratum:
Fwd: Errata for XML Events: An Events Syntax for XML
 [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html-editor/2008JanMar/0015.html
]


XML Events2 comments
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2008Aug/0035
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Sep/0029

ACTION: Shane add a note that events do not bridge two DOMs
 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/20-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]
REQUIREMENT: listening to events in a separate document
 [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html-editor/2008AprJun/0005.html
]

---------------------

XHTML <=> HTML5 positioning

ACTION: Steven to write strawman on XHTML2/HTML5 wording
 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/02-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]

---------------------

M12N transition: status
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-xhtml-modularization-20081008/

follow up activities? XHTML 1.1 SE?

---------------------

XHTML MIME type
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Drafts/#xhtmlmime
Comments:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2008Sep/0000.html

ACTION: ShaneM to ensure XHTMLMIME is ready to socialize, then inform the 
 
group (and Steven in particular) no later than 22 August. [recorded in  
http://www.w3.org/2008/08/20-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]
ACTION: Shane craft text to about transformation of XHTML to HTML.
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]
ACTION: Shane to finish the updating the XHTMLMIME draft then respond to  
Olivier's proposal.
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]


---------------------

Role Attribute Module
 Resolution to request CR Transition made 2008-07-09

ACTION: Gregory - ask PFWG why "similar" inserted into 2.1 of ARIA spec 
and answser to ShaneM's query about Role and ARIA
 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/09-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]

Access Module: status

ACTION: Gregory to put together a proposal for how to connect the access  
module into the event model.
 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/13-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]
ACTION: Gregory - bring up SVG's proposal for attribute 'order' to  
ascertain if affects accessibility qua accessibility
  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/16-xhtml-minutes.html#action03]
ACTION: Shane to document the ways navigation order / access could be  
interpreted. Group will then pick one and we will move on.
  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/23-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]


XHTML features
ACTION: Shane create an initial features document that includes the  
features from XML Events 2.
 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action05]
ACTION: ShaneM - Draft policy statement on migration and evolution
 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action08]
ACTION: Shane to ensure there are no inconsistencies between the MathML  
entity set and the XHTML entity set.
 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/09-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]

Formalizing our example implementation
[PROPOSAL:  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2008May/0051.html]

XHTML 1.2
ACTION: Steven - draft proposal for XHTML 1.2 - Content and Timescale
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action03]


XFrames

XHTML 2
ACTION: Shane to start implementing xml schema for xhtml 2.0
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/08-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]
ACTION: Shane to split 8024 into two issues.
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/12-xhtml-minutes.html#action04]
ACTION: Steven to organise a new draft of XHTML2
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action06]
ACTION: Steven to add text to embedding module saying how it works
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]
Do we really need four different types of lists in XHTML 2.0?
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2008May/0005.html]
ACTION: ShaneM - incorporate Access, Role, XML Events (in 3 modules:  
Events, Handlers, Script), and RDFa modules through external reference to 
 
XHTML2?
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action03]
ACTION: Steven - combine answer to ISSUE 7800 with answer to ISSUE 7799
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: Steven - devote brain cycles to solving quality values  
question
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action04]
ACTION: Steven add text to @src section to make clear that item not in DOM 
 
and clarify styling implications
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action06]
ACTION: Shane to add ITS into the XHTML 2 Doctype section
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action07]
ACTION: ShaneM - write up how WG believes parameters should work on media 
 
type and talk with Mark Baker about how to get RFC updated 
[recorded in  http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action10]
ACTION: Roland - investigate what would be involved by adding XInclude
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action11]
ACTION: ShaneM - break Issues 7659 and 7656 into individual issues so can 
 
be addressed 
[recorded in  http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action12]

ISSUES:

More issues, see:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-html-wg/2006OctDec/0076

ACTIONS:

Rich:
ACTION: Rich to sort out the proposal from Gregory as captured in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007May/0341.html
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/26-xhtml-irc]

Steven:

ACTION: Steven to propose a rephrasing of the about attribute inheritance 
 
rules.
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-html-minutes.html#action05]
ACTION: Steven to reply to Alapetites message on datatypes
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/21-html-minutes.html#action01]
ACTION: Steven to reply to hr comment, and make it a CR comment
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action08]
ACTION: Steven to reply to script+cdata mail, saying we don't want to  
document it
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action09]

===============
Regards, Roland





Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number 
741598. 
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU












Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number 
741598. 
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU
Received on Wednesday, 15 October 2008 13:44:47 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 23 February 2010 18:12:50 GMT