RE: [XHTML Access] activate boolean? & asserting user control (update)

aloha, jim!

no, i don't think you are missing anything...

i understand your concern, which is why i feel that the sole material
question that remains to be answered is:

will a pointer-driven query of an object for which multiple events
have been defined, be interpreted as activate="yes" for all events,
or is there something that needs to be stated explicitly about UA
and/or user control over pointer device interaction with object for
which access has been set?

this is especially pertinent, as not only is the pointer-driven
experience the dominant one on the web, but also because those
using simulated pointing devices may need to query an object
via the pointer interface before any events defined for that
object are fired...   and, of course, there is always the issue
of inadvertent/accidental mouseOver events being fired without
the user's cognizance

gregory.
Theory helps us to bear our ignorance of fact.
    -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
Gregory J. Rosmaita: oedipus@hicom.net
Camera Obscura: http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/