W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xhtml2@w3.org > June 2008

[XHTML] minutes of June 2008 "face to face"

From: Roland Merrick <roland_merrick@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:38:36 +0100
To: public-xhtml2@w3.org
Message-ID: <OFF2279FD4.D47AC998-ON80257472.00325994-80257472.0034F9D1@uk.ibm.com>
Greetings, a "virtual face to face" meeting took place 17-19 June 2008 
which covered most of the deliverables that we are responsible for. The 
full agenda is in the wiki at : 
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/xhtml2/wiki/2008-06-FtF-Agenda
Minutes for 17 June: http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-xhtml-minutes.html
Minutes for 18 June: http://www.w3.org/2008/06/18-xhtml-minutes.html
Minutes for 19 June: http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html

Resolutions:
        18 June
        RESOLUTION: in mimetype document use HTML4-compatible and 
HTML4-foo wherever appears in document to remove confusion
        RESOLUTION: take XHTML 1.1 to Second Edition by simply adding 
Schema and Errata
        RESOLUTION: Proposal for XHTML 1.2 - Content and Timescale as 
outlined here
        RESOLUTION: will break into 3 Modules: XML Events Module, XML 
Handlers Module, and Script Module
        19 June
        RESOLUTION: The WG recognises that we are chartered to maintain 
and develop the XHTML series, and the HTML5 specification should therefore 
not contain text that makes it appear differently
        RESOLUTION: Issue a new XHTML2 Public Working Draft
        RESOLUTION: Issue 7733 closed by responding "embedded content is 
not in the stream"
        RESOLUTION: Incorporate ITS (International Tag Set) into XHTML2 
Doctype Section
        RESOLUTION: @style is deprecated/eliminated; STYLE element can be 
used outside HEAD
        RESOLUTION: transition CURIEs to CR
 
Actions:
[NEW] ACTION: Gregory to get positive review from Ubiquitous web apps 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-xhtml-minutes.html#action08]
[NEW] ACTION: Reply to Al in issue 8041 [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-xhtml-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: Roland to send reply on XML Base supporting Forms WG 
comments, and objecting to PER [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Shane to organise new shortname(s) with IanJ [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-xhtml-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Shane to reply to Al in issue 8041 [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-xhtml-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: Steven to ask XForms to send a comment [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-xhtml-minutes.html#action07]
[NEW] ACTION: Steven to reply to 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-cg/2008Jun/0004.html [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-xhtml-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: Steven to reply to 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2008Jun/0041.html 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]

[NEW] ACTION: element to 
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2008/ED-xml-events-20080508/#section-action-element 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: Shane craft text to about transformation of XHTML to HTML. 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Shane create an initial features document that includes the 
features from XML Events 2. [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: Shane to finish the updating the XHTMLMIME draft then 
respond to Olivier's proposal. [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Steven - draft proposal for XHTML 1.2 - Content and 
Timescale [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action03]

[NEW] ACTION: Roland - investigate what would be involved by adding 
XInclude [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action11]
[NEW] ACTION: Roland to reply to HTML5 WG to communicate our resolution on 
XHTML naming [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Shane to add ITS into the XHTML 2 Doctype section [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action07]
[NEW] ACTION: ShaneM - break Issues 7659 and 7656 into individual issues 
so can be addressed [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action12]
[NEW] ACTION: ShaneM - create and maintain ownership of wiki page listing 
who owns what bucket [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action09]
[NEW] ACTION: ShaneM - Draft policy statement on migration and evolution 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action08]
[NEW] ACTION: ShaneM - incorporate Access, Role, XML Events (in 3 modules: 
Events, Handlers, Script), and RDFa modules through external reference to 
XHTML2? [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: ShaneM - provide appropriate and then inappropriate example 
for Section 3 [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action14]
[NEW] ACTION: ShaneM - write up how WG believes parameters should work on 
media type and talk with Mark Baker about how to get RFC updated [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action10]
[NEW] ACTION: Steven - combine answer to ISSUE 7800 with answer to ISSUE 
7799 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action05
]
[NEW] ACTION: Steven - devote brain cycles to solving quality values 
question [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: Steven add text to @src section to make clear that item not 
in DOM and clarify styling implications [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: Steven to organise CURIEs CR [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action13]
[NEW] ACTION: Steven to start an implementation page on the wiki [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]

Regards, Roland





Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number 
741598. 
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU
Received on Tuesday, 24 June 2008 09:39:19 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 23 February 2010 18:12:49 GMT