Re: block level anchor element content

From: Kevin McManus <k.mcmanus@gre.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 16:06:39 +0100
To: public-xhtml2@w3.org
Cc: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>, Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>

Cheers, Mark, Steve for taking the time,

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 03:09:41PM +0200, Steven Pemberton wrote:
> But still, it is worth pointing out to Kevin that XHTML2 does just what he
> wants, but in a slightly different way: any element may have an href
> attribute to turn it into a link. So:

> (And because of the confusion between HTML and CSS's different meanings of
> 'block' and 'inline' we have renamed them 'text' and 'structure' in XHTML2)

Aha!
That is almost exactly what I want providing div also supports
the tabindex attribute.

If span also supports href and tabindex then presumably there
is no need for anchors in XHTML2. That would clean up the
spec. - or is it sacriligeous to even suggest deprecating
anchors?

ATB - Kevin

k.mcmanus@gre.ac.uk - http://staffweb.cms.gre.ac.uk/~k.mcmanus