Re: XHTML-Role ready for pre-last call review

From: Roland Merrick <roland_merrick@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 16:57:10 +0000
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Cc: XHTML WG <public-xhtml2@w3.org>
Greetings Shane, I have a few comments that are editorial in nature.

Nothing to explain what Orange background signifies.

non-qualified vs unqualified, non-qualified not in namespaces or Curies

3. The XHTML Role Attribute
  defines standards roles

3.1. Extending the collection of roles
  talks about extending the set of roles

How about :
  3. The XHTML Role Attribute
    describe the attribute
  3.1. predefined roles
    banner, etc
  3.2. Extending the collection of roles

Why are XHTML role attribute values described with "Example definitions
include the RDF/OWL Taxonomy for the XHTML role attribute values in
Appendix C, "? Should we not do what we claim to be current best practice,
i.e. "that the URI associated with that vocabulary resolve to a resource
that allows for the discovery of the definition of the roles in the

Since we have reached the milestone of Last Call should we not complete
Section E. Acknowledgments?

Regards, Roland
IBM Software Group, Strategy, Software Standards

Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Sent by: public-xhtml2-request@w3.org
06/02/2008 14:34

XHTML WG <public-xhtml2@w3.org>

XHTML-Role ready for pre-last call review

As per my action, please review the current draft of XHTML Role with an
eye toward approving its publication for a second last call period.

This review should be completed no later than 12 February.