W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xhtml2@w3.org > August 2008

Re: [XHTML] Agenda: 2008-08-20

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:23:23 +0200
To: public-xhtml2@w3.org
Message-ID: <op.uf6p09jcsmjzpq@acer3010>

[I forgot to include the Media type document discussion]

Our next call takes place on 2008-08-20 at 13:45UTC.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=8&day=20&hour=13&min=45&sec=0&p1=136&p2=179&p3=215&p4=248&p5=283

Zakim bridge, code 94865 ("XHTML"),
irc channel irc.w3.org #xhtml

Previous minutes: http://www.w3.org/2008/08/13-xhtml-minutes

Regrets: Roland

Candidate minute takers: Tina, Rich, Roland, Steven, Mark, Shane, Gregory,

Announcements:

TP Registration
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2008Aug/0000.html

Reports:

Outstanding Reviews:

XSD 1.1
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-xmlschema11-1-20080620/
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-xmlschema11-2-20080620/
Due: 2008-09-12
ACTION: MarkB - review XSD 1.1 - Due: 2008-09-12
   [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/16-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]

Agenda Items:

RDFa
Has reached the end of CR
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2008/ED-rdfa-syntax-20080814/ with diff marks  
 from CR draft.
Implementation report looks good:  
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/implementation-report/
We need to vote on progressing to PR
Shane has an issue with the use of COMMON

------------

M12N transition: status
ACTION: Shane to organise new shortname(s) with IanJ
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-xhtml-minutes.html#action03]
Steven to contact one commentator
RelaxNG
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2008Jun/0071.html]

------------

XHTML MIME type
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Drafts/#xhtmlmime
ACTION: Shane craft text to about transformation of XHTML to HTML.
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]
ACTION: Shane to finish the updating the XHTMLMIME draft then respond to  
Olivier's proposal.
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]

------------

Access comments
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2008Aug/0006.html

And then a pick from these:


---------------------
Events

ACTION: Shane add a note that events do not bridge two DOMs
  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/20-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]
REQUIREMENT: listening to events in a separate document
  [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html-editor/2008AprJun/0005.html  
]
Fwd: Errata for XML Events: An Events Syntax for XML
  [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html-editor/2008JanMar/0015.html]
feedback from XForms WG on timing:
   [ http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2008Jun/0094.html ]
Coordinating XML Events and DOM3 Events:
   [ http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2008Jul/0027.html ]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  
- - -

CURIE Syntax transition:  status

XHTML <=> HTML5 positioning
ACTION: Steven to write strawman on XHTML2/HTML5 wording
  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/02-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]

Role Attribute Module
  Resolution to request CR Transition made 2008-07-09
    [ Editor draft: http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2008/ED-xhtml-role-20080625/ ]
   ACTION: Gregory - ask PFWG why "similar" inserted into 2.1 of ARIA spec  
and answser to ShaneM's query about Role and ARIA
     [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/09-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]
  XML Core comments:
    [  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html-editor/2008JulSep/0009.html ]


XHTML 1.1 SE status

Access Module: status
Last Call comments
 from SVG WG:
   [  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html-editor/2008JulSep/0002.html ]
ACTION: Shane - respond to SVG formal review of Access Module
   [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/16-xhtml-minutes.html#action05]
ACTION: ShaneM - update wording on navigation order in response to SVG WG  
comments
   [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/16-xhtml-minutes.html#action04]
ACTION: Gregory to put together a proposal for how to connect the access  
module into the event model.
  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/13-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]
ACTION: Gregory - bring up SVG's proposal for attribute 'order' to  
ascertain if affects accessibility qua accessibility
   [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/16-xhtml-minutes.html#action03]
ACTION: Shane to document the ways navigation order / access could be  
interpreted. Group will then pick one and we will move on.
   [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/23-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]
ACTION: Shane to fix table of contents in Access Module - the links to  
sections are wrong in some cases.
   [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/23-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]

XHTML features
ACTION: Shane create an initial features document that includes the  
features from XML Events 2.
  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action05]
ACTION: ShaneM - Draft policy statement on migration and evolution
  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action08]
ACTION: Shane to ensure there are no inconsistencies between the MathML  
entity set and the XHTML entity set.
  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/09-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]

Formalizing our example implementation
[PROPOSAL:  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2008May/0051.html]

XHTML 1.2
ACTION: Steven - draft proposal for XHTML 1.2 - Content and Timescale
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action03]

XHTML MIME type
ACTION: Shane craft text to about transformation of XHTML to HTML.
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]
ACTION: Shane to finish the updating the XHTMLMIME draft then respond to  
Olivier's proposal.
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]

XFrames

XHTML 2
ACTION: Shane to start implementing xml schema for xhtml 2.0
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/08-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]
ACTION: Shane to split 8024 into two issues.
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/12-xhtml-minutes.html#action04]
ACTION: Steven to organise a new draft of XHTML2
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action06]
ACTION: Steven to add text to embedding module saying how it works
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]
Do we really need four different types of lists in XHTML 2.0?
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2008May/0005.html]

ACTION: ShaneM - incorporate Access, Role, XML Events (in 3 modules:  
Events, Handlers, Script), and RDFa modules through external reference to  
XHTML2?
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action03]
ACTION: Steven - combine answer to ISSUE 7800 with answer to ISSUE 7799
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: Steven - devote brain cycles to solving quality values  
question
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action04]
ACTION: Steven add text to @src section to make clear that item not in DOM  
and clarify styling implications
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action06]
ACTION: Shane to add ITS into the XHTML 2 Doctype section
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action07]
ACTION: ShaneM - write up how WG believes parameters should work on media  
type and talk with Mark Baker about how to get RFC updated [recorded in  
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action10]
ACTION: Roland - investigate what would be involved by adding XInclude
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action11]
ACTION: ShaneM - break Issues 7659 and 7656 into individual issues so can  
be addressed [recorded in  
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action12]

ISSUES:

More issues, see:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-html-wg/2006OctDec/0076

ACTIONS:

Rich:
ACTION: Rich to sort out the proposal from Gregory as captured in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007May/0341.html
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/26-xhtml-irc]

Steven:

ACTION: Steven to propose a rephrasing of the about atribute inheritance  
rules.
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-html-minutes.html#action05]
ACTION: Steven to reply to Alapetites message on datatypes
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/21-html-minutes.html#action01]
ACTION: Steven to reply to hr comment, and make it a CR comment
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action08]
ACTION: Steven to reply to script+cdata mail, saying we don't want to  
document it
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action09]

==========

Steven
 
Received on Wednesday, 20 August 2008 12:24:11 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 23 February 2010 18:12:49 GMT