W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xhtml2@w3.org > September 2007

[XHTML2] minutes 2007-09-26

From: Roland Merrick <roland_merrick@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:40:24 +0100
To: "XHTML WG" <public-xhtml2@w3.org>
Message-ID: <OFAB8174E8.64C0A0AF-ON80257363.003427EA-80257363.00353039@uk.ibm.com>
Greetings, RRSAgent doesn't seem to have created minutes where I would 
expect to have found them, i.e. at: 
http://www.w3.org/2007/09/26-xhtml-minutes

Attendees:      Roland, Shane, Mark Birbeck, Alessio, Yam, Rich
Regrets:        Steven, Tina

Agenda: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2007Sep/0015.html

Summary of actions created:

        ACTION: Yam to report on testfest status 
        ACTION: Rich to sort out the proposal from Gregory as captured in 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007May/0341.html 
        ACTION: Shane to produce a new CURIEs doc that is consistent with 
the RDFa doc and make it public in a similar timeframe to when the RDFa 
document is made public. 
        ACTION: Mark and Shane to address comments in 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2007Feb/0000
        ACTION: Everyone please review the action item list and report if 
actions assigned to you are done (via e-mail)

the following is the raw IRC log of the minutes which were recorded by 
Shane.

[14:49] *** #xhtml: Roland_ myakura Lachy krijnh 
[14:49] *** #xhtml was created on Mon Sep 24 14:40:50 2007.
[14:49] *** ShaneM has joined #xhtml.
[14:54] *** alessio has joined #xhtml.
[14:54] alessio: hallo all
[15:03] *** yamx has joined #xhtml.
[15:03] *** ShaneM has signed off IRC (Quit: Trillian 
(http://www.ceruleanstudios.com).
[15:05] *** ShaneM has joined #xhtml.
[15:06] *** RRSAgent has joined #xhtml.
[15:06] RRSAgent: logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/09/26-xhtml-irc
[15:06] *** markbirbeck has joined #xhtml.
[15:06] *** Zakim has joined #xhtml.
[15:06] ShaneM: zakim, this is XHTML2 
[15:06] Zakim: ok, ShaneM; that matches IA_XHTML2()10:00AM
[15:06] markbirbeck: zakim, codes?
[15:06] Zakim: I don't understand your question, markbirbeck.
[15:06] markbirbeck: zakim, code?
[15:07] Zakim: the conference code is 94865 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 
tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), markbirbeck
[15:07] ShaneM: rrsagent, make public 
[15:07] RRSAgent: I'm logging. I don't understand 'make public ', ShaneM. 
Try /msg RRSAgent help
[15:07] Zakim: +??P22
[15:07] markbirbeck: zakim, i am ?
[15:07] Zakim: sorry, markbirbeck, I do not see a party named '?'
[15:07] markbirbeck: zakim, i am ??
[15:07] Zakim: sorry, markbirbeck, I do not see a party named '??'
[15:07] markbirbeck: zakim, i am ??22
[15:07] Zakim: sorry, markbirbeck, I do not see a party named '??22'
[15:08] markbirbeck: zakim, i am ??p22
[15:08] Zakim: +markbirbeck; got it
[15:08] markbirbeck: zakim, who is here?
[15:08] Zakim: On the phone I see +013868aaaa, ??P18, ShaneM, ??P19, 
markbirbeck
[15:08] Zakim: On IRC I see markbirbeck, RRSAgent, ShaneM, yamx, alessio, 
Roland_, myakura, Lachy, krijnh
[15:08] ShaneM: Scribe: ShaneM 
[15:08] Roland_: Agenda: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2007Sep/0015.html
[15:09] alessio: zakim, ??P18 is Alessio
[15:09] Zakim: +Alessio; got it
[15:09] markbirbeck: [off] ah...that explains it. :) Normally typing 
"zakim, i am ?" is enough, but there are two other unidentified callers. 
:)
[15:09] ShaneM: Topic: Testing XHTML Basic 1.1 
[15:09] yamx: zakim ??P19 is me (maybe)
[15:09] Roland_: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2007Jul/0035
[15:09] markbirbeck: zakim, ? is yamx
[15:09] Zakim: +yamx; got it
[15:10] markbirbeck: [off] it is now... :)
[15:10] ShaneM: Yam reports that OMA testfest 20 was held 2nd week of 
september.  He could not find the test results.  He needs to check whether 
the results are just not available yet or whether they were not done. 
[15:10] ShaneM: ACTION: Yam to report on testfest status 
[15:10] * RRSAgent records action 1
[15:11] yamx: TestFest20 (OMA) was Sep 7 to Sep 14.
[15:12] *** Rich has joined #xhtml.
[15:12] Zakim: +??P8
[15:13] Rich: Zakim, ??P8 is Rich
[15:13] Zakim: +Rich; got it
[15:13] Roland_: XHTML Events 2 issues
        Mark.B has an action to deal with XML 2 events issues from 
John.Boyer
[15:13] Roland_: http://www.w3.org/2007/08/29-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]
[15:16] Roland_: Caption positioning & binding example using WAI-ARIA 
markup 
        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2007Jul/0012
[15:16] Roland_: Why is this an agenda item?
[15:19] ShaneM: ACTION: Rich to sort out the proposal from Gregory as 
captured in 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007May/0341.html 
[15:19] * RRSAgent records action 2
[15:22] ShaneM: TOPIC: Role and Access 
[15:23] ShaneM: Steven has made the request for Role to go to last call. 
[15:24] ShaneM: TOPIC: longdesc 
[15:24] ShaneM: We don't really know the context of this.  Roland will 
figure out what this issue really is? 
[15:24] ShaneM: TOPIC: CURIES 
[15:25] ShaneM: All issues raised about CURIEs have been addressed. 
[15:25] ShaneM: TAG position has not been addressed - we are not sure 
there was a formal finding. 
[15:27] ShaneM: markbirbeck does not think that there is a formal 
position.  He also points out that no one seems to be arguing that QNames 
are a good idea. 
[15:29] ShaneM: ACTION: Shane to produce a new CURIEs doc that is 
consistent with the RDFa doc and make it public in a similar timeframe to 
when the RDFa document is made public. 
[15:29] * RRSAgent records action 3
[15:29] markbirbeck: I've searched for 
"http://www.w3.org/2007/03/19-tagmem-minutes.html#action01"
[15:29] markbirbeck: and "CompactURIReferences-5"
[15:30] markbirbeck: which are the references in the minutes about raising 
a TAG issue about CURIEs.
[15:30] markbirbeck: The minutes have:
[15:30] markbirbeck: "ACTION: HST to circulate a candidate description to 
tag@w3.org [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/19-tagmem-minutes.html#action01]"
[15:30] markbirbeck: But I can't find a reference to Henry doing this 
action.
[15:32] ShaneM: Plan is to get a first public working out as soon after 
next weeks semantic web meeting as possible. 
[15:34] markbirbeck: q+
[15:34] * Zakim sees markbirbeck on the speaker queue
[15:36] ShaneM: Shane mentioned that we merged the xhtml-rdfa module 
document and the rdfa-syntax document editorially.  there did not seem to 
be any concerns about this. 
[15:36] ShaneM: q- 
[15:36] * Zakim sees markbirbeck on the speaker queue
[15:37] ShaneM: Mark referred to a discussion about what the default 
prefix is for xhtml-defined reserved terms. 
[15:37] markbirbeck: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007Sep/0237.html
[15:38] ShaneM: Basically the issue is what happens when you have 
rel="next" - how does the term 'next' get converted to a full URI? 
[15:38] ShaneM: Proposal was that we use the xhtml namespace + the term 
(e.g. http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml#next) 
[15:39] ShaneM: new proposal is that we introduce a new prefix within the 
XHTML namespace and use that as the scoping mechanism for rel/rev values. 
[15:39] ShaneM: It will be discussed tomorrow in the RDFa task force call. 

[15:40] markbirbeck: The proposal is to use: 
http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/relations instead.
[15:40] ShaneM: Roland asked if there is anything else that might have 
similar problems? 
[15:41] ShaneM: Shane mentioned that there are the values for @role 
[15:41] markbirbeck: At the moment we also have: 
http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/datatypes
[15:41] markbirbeck: s/relations in/relations# in/
[15:43] ShaneM: Shane thinks we should ensure that this default prefix can 
encompass the rel / rev values and the role values 
[15:43] markbirbeck: s/datatypes/datatypes\//
[15:45] ShaneM: Mark thinks we can probably just set the default prefix to 
be the XHTML namespace + '#' because that is really the version 
independent namespace for XHTML 
[15:47] ShaneM: RESOLVED: The default prefix for CURIEs in XHTML family 
markup languages should be 'http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml#' 
[15:51] Roland_: XML Events 2 
                     Published: http://www.w3.org/News/2007#item22 
                     Namespace comment: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2007Feb/0000 
[15:52] ShaneM:  The issues raised in this comment have not all been 
resolved.
[15:52] ShaneM:  Mark and Shane need to address this.
[15:52] ShaneM:  ACTION: Mark and Shane to address comments in 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2007Feb/0000
[15:52] * RRSAgent records action 4
[15:53] ShaneM:  TOPIC: XHTML 1.1 SE comments
[15:53] ShaneM:  all those comments have been addressed.
[15:54] ShaneM:  is ready to be republished modulo that we need to put 
M12N 1.1 out again first.
[15:55] ShaneM:  Steven has the action to get M12N 1.1 into CR.
[15:56] ShaneM:  ACTION: Everyone please review the action item list and 
report if actions assigned to you are done (via e-mail)
[15:56] * RRSAgent records action 5
[15:58] ShaneM:  TOPIC: tech plenary f2f meeting
[15:58] ShaneM:  Mark is not sure.  Shane is not sure.
[15:59] alessio: me too
[15:59] *** Rich has signed off IRC (Quit: Rich).
[15:59] ShaneM:  rrsagent, make minutes
[15:59] Zakim: -markbirbeck
[15:59] Zakim: -Alessio
[15:59] ShaneM:  RRSAgent, make minutes
[15:59] Zakim: -Rich
[15:59] Zakim: -yamx
[15:59] Zakim: - +013868aaaa
[15:59] ShaneM:  [off] low tech crap
[15:59] Zakim: -ShaneM
[15:59] Zakim: IA_XHTML2()10:00AM has ended
[15:59] Roland_: :-)
[15:59] *** yamx has signed off IRC (Quit: CHOCOA).
[15:59] Zakim: Attendees were Roland_, ShaneM, markbirbeck, Alessio, yamx, 
Rich

Regards, Roland
FBCS, CITP





Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number 
741598. 
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU
Received on Thursday, 27 September 2007 09:41:08 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 23 February 2010 18:12:46 GMT