W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xhtml2@w3.org > June 2007

DRAFT minutes from 6 june 2007 XHTML2 Telecon available

From: Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:15:31 -0400 (EDT)
To: <public-xhtml2@w3.org>
Message-Id: <20070606151531.6E48C3185@centaur.cnc.net>

on behalf of Shane, i used RRSAgent to generate a hypertext version of today's telecon IRC log - you can find the minutes are as hypertext at: 

http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-xhtml-minutes.html

and as text below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                    Weekly XHTML2 WG Teleconference

6 Jun 2007

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-xhtml-irc

Attendees

   Present
          ShaneM, Tina, Gregory_Rosmaita, alessio, Mark_Birbeck

   Regrets
          Steven(irc, only)

   Chair
          Shane

   Scribe
          ShaneM

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]role attribute module
         2. [5]CURIES
         3. [6]xhtml basic
         4. [7]RDFa task force / module
         5. [8]access module draft
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________



   <yamx> this is yam

   <scribe> SCRIBE: ShaneM

   <scribe> ACTION: Items to Alessio completed is survey of browsers
   and access element [recorded in
   [10]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]

role attribute module

   <alessio> new link for test:
   [11]http://www.terrafertile.ch/w3/xhtml2/

     [11] http://www.terrafertile.ch/w3/xhtml2/

   <scribe> new draft is up at
   [12]http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2007/ED-xhtml-role-20070606/Overview.ht
   ml

     [12] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2007/ED-xhtml-role-20070606/Overview.html

   <scribe> ACTION: Tina to review the xhtml-role document and send in
   comments. [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]

   <oedipus> WAI ARIA Roles:
   [14]http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-aria-role-20070601/

     [14] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-aria-role-20070601/

   <oedipus> States & Properties Module for ARIA:
   [15]http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-aria-state-20070601/

     [15] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-aria-state-20070601/

   Draft says: The role attribute takes as its value one or more
   white-space separated QNames. Any non-qualified value MUST be
   interpreted in the XHTML namespace, and MUST be taken from the list
   defined in this section.

   Discussion about interpretation of non-prefixed names

   Mark is suggesting we should preclude the interpretation of
   non-prefixed values that are NOT in our list. They should be
   ignored.

   Schema AND DTD implementation can define only the valuies in the
   list

   oh... no it can't. Schema can...

   Mark points out that we may need to permit the collection to be
   extended in the context of another host language.

   Mark suggests that we NOT restrict the collection of non-qualified
   values. That we just say this set may be extended in the future.

   Rich asks if this change would require that we prefix xhtml
   namespace values at the source level. No.

   <oedipus> Embedding Accessibility Role and State Metadata in HTML:
   [16]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/embedding-20061212.html

     [16] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/embedding-20061212.html

   Are there additional role values that SHOULD be included in this
   specification before we go to last call? (e.g. copyright) or should
   we rely upon existing taxonomies (e.g., dc:copyright)

   <oedipus> Embedding Accessibility Role and State Metadata in HTML
   (alternate URI):
   [17]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/adaptable/HTML4/embedding-20061212.html

     [17] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/adaptable/HTML4/embedding-20061212.html

   If there are additional values that are needed in the context of
   other specifications (e.g., HTML5) then we should find a way to put
   them in.

   <scribe> ACTION: Shane to add text to ensure it is clear that the
   list is extensible in the XHTML namespace if other groups need it.
   [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-xhtml-minutes.html#action03]

   <oedipus> need something formal for HTML WG - i have repeatedly
   pointed the WG to the WAI PF document on Embedding Role and State
   Metadata in HTML Documents, but no one's bitten

   Tina says what we have a nice small set that is easy to implement.
   We need to be careful to only extend it in limited, well thought out
   ways.

   <scribe> ACTION: Shane to set up last call for xhtml-role by 15
   June. [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-xhtml-minutes.html#action04]

CURIES

   tabled for another week. Mark and Shane to work off line

   Nice thing is that curies are a superset of qnames, so we can
   "upgrade" later.

xhtml basic

   yam sent some mail about the testfest from oma.

   the inputmode was NOT tested. inputmode is just a hint to the user
   agent. testing guidelines in OMA do not have people testing "hints"
   because they are not really required.

   the question is: is inputmode interoperability testing required for
   getting basic out the door?

   <scribe> ACTION: Shane to figure out if a "hint" is an
   interoperbility requirement. [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-xhtml-minutes.html#action05]

RDFa task force / module

   Mark reports some discussions about the @href everywhere debate and
   how it is progressing

   Current thinking is that we re-introduce the @resource attribute,
   and can use that to identify a URI. In the context of a host
   language, @href can duplicate / extend the functionality.

   Editorially, we need to have the xhtml-rdfa document be RDFa in an
   XHTML context. And then a separate spec (the RDFa syntax document)
   needs to be updated so it is host-language neutral.

   Shane asks if this syntax doc is a note or a rec?

   Mark thinks that it specifies the processing rules. So to that end
   it must be normative. So it must be rec-track.

   <scribe> ACTION: Steven to integrate the RDFa syntax document into
   the XHTML WG publication system. [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-xhtml-minutes.html#action06]

   <Steven> Yes, it will be rec track

   <Steven> The problem with integration is that it is in XMLSPEC at
   the moment

   <Steven> and Ben is another editor of it

   no worries - I can fix that in a heartbeat.

   <Steven> (he created the initial version)

   <markbirbeck>
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa/ProposedStructure

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa/ProposedStructure

   <markbirbeck> Summary of the proposal I just described.

access module draft

   There is a link:
   [23]http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2007/ED-xhtml-access-20070606/

     [23] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2007/ED-xhtml-access-20070606/

   Rich asked about events: Triggering an access key defined in an
   access element gives focus to the next element in navigation order
   from the current focus that has the referenced role or id value.
   Note that it is possible to associate additional event handlers with
   target which might then perform additional actions once focus is
   changed.

   Rich is concerned that we might want to have an access element take
   an explicit attribute for specifying action (default is focus, but
   maybe they want to specify activate)

   <oedipus> +1 to RichS - need to play audio triggered by assistive
   technology encountering cue-before, cue-after, play-during, etc. --
   the purely aural canvas; the AT has to trigger the event, and the UA
   needs to use its default backplane audio renderer

   <Tina> Thank you all.

   <oedipus> i can help i know RSSAgent

   <alessio> bye all :)

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Items to Alessio completed is survey of browsers and
   access element [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Shane to add text to ensure it is clear that the list
   is extensible in the XHTML namespace if other groups need it.
   [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-xhtml-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Shane to figure out if a "hint" is an interoperbility
   requirement. [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-xhtml-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: Shane to set up last call for xhtml-role by 15 June.
   [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-xhtml-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: Steven to integrate the RDFa syntax document into the
   XHTML WG publication system. [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-xhtml-minutes.html#action06]
   [NEW] ACTION: Tina to review the xhtml-role document and send in
   comments. [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [30]scribe.perl version 1.128
    ([31]CVS log)
    $Date: 2007/06/06 15:05:25 $
     _________________________________________________________

     [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 6 June 2007 15:15:47 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 23 February 2010 18:12:46 GMT