Re: shame on losing good folks (or failing others who cannot take the pace)

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 17:39:33 +0100
To: Peter Williams <home_pw@msn.com>
Cc: "public-xg-webid@w3.org" <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
On 12 January 2012 17:28, Peter Williams <home_pw@msn.com> wrote:
> Its sad to lose Mo. Its also sad to see others unable to participate,
> publicly (given the tone).
> But, its a rough and tumble game, crypto. Its an edgy topic. If you are
> (undeclared) proxy for certain government agencies with fixed positions
> about social needs, its hard to even associate with the likes of me (for
> example).
> Why I like the tone, here, and even the topics that folks discuss, is
> because it and they are identical to the history of certs. And, certs came
> out just fine (against all the odds). So too will this group.
> Putting SSL javascript libs for the ssl client on the RDFa page built
> dyanmically with a sparql query, that then configures said clients SSL
> server trust points is just magical.
> And its such magic that changes the game.

I once proposed the following code of conduct for WebID

If there's one thing I've learnt over the last few years, it's that
the Web is about tolerance.

IMHO it's the measure of your magnitude as a person, group or
ecosystem, what and how much you can tolerate, and channel towards
positive ends.

I have noticed that discussions at time have got heated, but that's a
good sign, it shows people are passionate about the technology.  I
hope as we transitions to the more informal CG that people can make an
effort to be more inclusive, courteous and thoughtful. :)