Re: shame on losing good folks (or failing others who cannot take the pace)

On 12 January 2012 17:28, Peter Williams <home_pw@msn.com> wrote:
> Its sad to lose Mo. Its also sad to see others unable to participate,
> publicly (given the tone).
>
> But, its a rough and tumble game, crypto. Its an edgy topic. If you are
> (undeclared) proxy for certain government agencies with fixed positions
> about social needs, its hard to even associate with the likes of me (for
> example).
>
> Why I like the tone, here, and even the topics that folks discuss, is
> because it and they are identical to the history of certs. And, certs came
> out just fine (against all the odds). So too will this group.
>
> Putting SSL javascript libs for the ssl client on the RDFa page built
> dyanmically with a sparql query, that then configures said clients SSL
> server trust points is just magical.
>
> And its such magic that changes the game.

I once proposed the following code of conduct for WebID

http://lists.foaf-project.org/pipermail/foaf-protocols/2010-October/004057.html

If there's one thing I've learnt over the last few years, it's that
the Web is about tolerance.

IMHO it's the measure of your magnitude as a person, group or
ecosystem, what and how much you can tolerate, and channel towards
positive ends.

I have noticed that discussions at time have got heated, but that's a
good sign, it shows people are passionate about the technology.  I
hope as we transitions to the more informal CG that people can make an
effort to be more inclusive, courteous and thoughtful. :)