RE: Certificate Triplify Challenge

From: Peter Williams <home_pw@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 08:39:22 -0800
To: <kidehen@openlinksw.com>, "public-xg-webid@w3.org" <public-xg-webid@w3.org>

Im not going to pariticpate in this thread, even though Im referenced.  I dont mind for a few years keeping the old cert blob around, in the new model (tightly limited so old spawn does not spread further). This is viable, since we dont yet have signed-JSON as a cert type in the SSL handshake's cert types field. But, we will. At that point, we just dump X.509 ASN,1 and that particular type descriptor for good. Its had a good run, lasting 25+ years.