Re: My slightly comments

On 1/10/12 1:11 PM, Henry Story wrote:
> On 10 Jan 2012, at 15:38, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>
>> On 1/10/12 8:59 AM, Dominik Tomaszuk wrote:
>>> My comments to the lastest version in repo [1]:
>>> 1.3 Namespaces - in the table there is 'bob' which isn't use in spec. It can be removed.
>>>
>>> 3.1 Authentication Sequence - point 5  - "The returned representation is then transformed into an RDF graph as specified in Processing the WebID Profile". I think it would be worth to add reference to RDF spec (what does RDF graph mean) [2]
>> Shouldn't transformation only happen if the de-referenced resource isn't RDF?
> There is no format that has a priori more right to be the RDF format than another.

But I asked the question: Shouldn't transformation only happen if the
de-referenced resource isn't RDF? Why would you transform RDF to RDF?

>   So I see no difference between RDF/XML, Turtle, RDFa or other formats that could be GRDDLed in that respect. They are all strings that have to be transformed into triples. :-)

But you aren't responding to my point. What do you mean by RDF in this
transformation context? Not for me, but for readers of the spec, to be
crystal clear.

>>> 3.1 Authentication Sequence - point 5  - "That graph is then queried as explained in Querying the Graph. If the query is answered positively, then that WebID is verified." - also add reference to SPARQL (what does querying the graph mean) [3]
>> It should really say lookup, that's what happening. A lookup occurs against the resolved RDF graph.
> "A graph is the looked up"? Sounds a bit heavy.

Again, you change my comments. I said:  A lookup occurs against the
resolved RDF graph.

> I don't see what is wrong with queried. You ask something of the graph.

Queried is a little loaded. Not inaccurate, since you achieve a lookup
via a query, but it is loaded all the same. Again, not for me, but for
spec readers.

> Since our SPARQL uses the ASK query, it fits nicely. SPARQL is a query language after all.

Yes, and my fundamental point is more about loosely associating SPARQL
with WebID. It's an implementation detail. Of course, if you "query"
usage is in the context of the SPARQL ASK section of the spec, then
fine, context is established for the spec reader.

Kingsley

> Anyway, thanks for the input.
>
> Henry
>
>> [SNIP]