Re: Matter of DN and what's possible

On 10 Jan 2012, at 00:22, Peter Williams wrote:

> ive banned SAN URIs of the form http://foo.com/#
>

> that is there must be a non-empty tag after the #.

Do you have a reason why you banned it? I don't know exactly what the status of plain # uris is.
It would be useful to understand the technical or spec reason for this being an issue.

> I did this a week ago, after pulling my hair out (wondering if I really am as thick as portrayed).

> I advise the spec to so ban all webid URIs.

You mean all URIs with a empty # tag.

The spec could say something about them if the reason for the problem were to be worked out.