Re: a remark on the webid spec

From: Dominik Tomaszuk <ddooss@wp.pl>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 22:11:41 +0100
To: public-xg-webid@w3.org
CC: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
On 12.12.2011 19:09, Henry Story wrote:

> On 12 Dec 2011, at 18:32, Pierre-Antoine Champin wrote:

>>> very well spotted, Pierre. Thanks a lot. We have updated the spec here
>>>
>>>   https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/rev/add4f836470d
>>>
>>> WE fixed this in today's meeting
>>>
>>>    http://www.w3.org/2011/12/12-webid-minutes.html
>>>
>>> and we should have a new spec with all the latest changes out today.
>>>
>>> Does one really have to use full URLs for datatypes? That's really a bit lame...
>>
>> well, unless I missed something the RDF/XML recommendation, I'm pretty
>> sure you have to...
>>
>> And I agree, it is a bit lame...
>
> That would be one point in favour of using Turtle as the other MUST format, (and drop rdf/xml)
> Though we would need quite a few other serious reasons to do something like that.

Another reason is that RDF/XML can't encode all posiible RDF graphs (it
is related with XML namespaces restrictions). Jeremy J. Carroll in [1]
write that there are other unresolved syntactic issues, collections,
literals as subjects, blank nodes as predicates, reification and quoting.

[1] https://www.hpl.hp.com/techreports/2003/HPL-2003-268.pdf

Best regards,
Dominik 'domel' Tomaszuk