Re: Matter of DN and what's possible

On 8 Jan 2012, at 23:07, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> On 1/8/12 5:52 PM, Mo McRoberts wrote:
>>> What we need to get people to understand somehow is the fact that you can have a URL (a Locator) and a generic URI (Name) in a cert such that publishers can make descriptor resources for cert. subjects -- using URIs as subject names --  and then publish to network resources addresses identified using URLs.  Doing this reduces publisher tedium inevitably introduced by  Linked Data nuances re., de-referencable URI based names.
>> I asked previously that you post an example cert (don't worry about the key material, obviously) which shows what you mean — i.e., what things you'd put where and how you believe they should be processed.
>>

> Based on my reply to Peter, we will make a cert that just uses the less controversial Subject Information Access extension. The semantics of this cert. element covers exactly what I need i.e., a place for URLs that resolve to resources bearing directed graphs where attribute=value or predicate=object pairs coalesce around identifiers for the cert. subject, as placed in SAN .

If I'm understanding correctly, you're saying (for example), that sIA might contain a URL, while the sAN contains the URI of the certificate holder which appears within the document published at the sIA URL?

M.

--
Mo McRoberts - Technical Lead - The Space,
0141 422 6036 (Internal: 01-26036) - PGP key CEBCF03E,