Re: Vote: public_key, publicKey, hasPublicKey, pubKey

On 10 Oct 2011, at 19:25, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>>  is for cert:pubKey  +1
>
> It may be good to be consistent with other ontologies e.g.
>
> http://payswarm.com/vocabs/security

A public key property refers to a URL that contains information about a public key.

sec: publicKey
Domain: sec:Key, owl:Thing
Range: xsd:anyURI
The following example demonstrates the expression of a public key belonging to the identity https://payswarm.example.com/i/bob.

That is a completely different relation. The relation we are putting forward in the cert ontology is from a
person/agent to a mathematical public key. The sec ontology refers to a different relation.

So on your argument we should not use the same name then, since that would be confusing.

> so cert:publicKey +1
>
> I see the point about confusion, but Java uses Double and double, for
> class and literal, and tho it is confusing, I think still usable

It is not so much a question of confusion, as of making it easier to make typos.