Re: Vote: public_key, publicKey, hasPublicKey, pubKey

On 10 October 2011 18:37, Henry Story <henry.story@gmail.com> wrote:
> In today's teleconf we opened the action to vote on the name of the inverse of cert:identity.
> This was discussed before.
>
> The reason for the inverse is that in many foaf profiles we would like to link the WebID directly to the public key, instead of linking what is essentially a complex literal to an object. The object to literal direction would make it easier to write out in many situations.
>
> :me foaf:Person;
>   foaf:name "Joe";
>   cert:pub..key [ a rsa:RSAPublicKey;
>                   ... ],
>                  [ a rsa:RSAPublicKey;
>                   ....] .
>
> There are two parts of it: one the name, two how it should be integrated into the spec
>
> A. Naming
> ---------
>
> - cert:public_key
>  The current ontology has recently added:
>    http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/cert#public_key
>  But as Stephane Corlosquet pointed out, that does not follow our naming conventions.
>
> - cert:publicKey would follow the naming conventions but it would be too easy to confuse with cert:PublicKey class.
>
> - cert:hasPublicKey is ok, but a bit too long.
>
> - cert:pubKey is nice and short, follows the naming conventions, and
>
> So my vote is for cert:pubKey  +1

It may be good to be consistent with other ontologies e.g.

http://payswarm.com/vocabs/security

so cert:publicKey +1

I see the point about confusion, but Java uses Double and double, for
class and literal, and tho it is confusing, I think still usable