Re: WebID-ISSUE-64 (redirects): Redirects [WebID Spec]

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 15:36:06 +0100
Cc: "public-xg-webid@w3.org" <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
To: Peter Williams <home_pw@msn.com>

On 25 Nov 2011, at 15:27, Henry Story wrote:

> On 25 Nov 2011, at 15:12, Peter Williams wrote:
>

>> The change of query in last week's spec design has put me out considerably, since I don't understand it yet - in the security sense. The change upset what I thought I understood for 2+ years...about the nature of this protocol, based on the previous query design. I had been basing assurance on properties you advocated as critical to the security logic, previously: inverse functional relations - that are now no longer present or dominate the security enforcement logic. It will take some time to settle down, as I understand the change.
>>

> cert:key is the inverse of cert:identity . So where cert:identity used to be functional, cert:key is inverseFunctional.
>
> There are no semantic changes here, just notational ones.

Oops that's not true. There are semantic changes, we used to have

key ------identity------> agent

Now we have

agent ------key-----> key

And then there are some other changes of that nature. They don't change the security characteristics, that is what I meant,
since you they imply each other. Ie: where the one is true, the other is true too.

Henry