Re: include privat ekeys Re: rsa ontology in cert namespace

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 20:05:48 +0100
Cc: Peter Williams <home_pw@msn.com>, public-xg-webid@w3.org
To: Mo McRoberts <mo.mcroberts@bbc.co.uk>

On 23 Nov 2011, at 20:00, Mo McRoberts wrote:

> On 23 Nov 2011, at 18:42, Peter Williams wrote:
>

>> Stop calling a "cert" ontology too, since it precious little to do with certificates - as anyone understands the term. The bindings are not signed, and in RDF land show no sign of being signed in the next decade.
>
> +1
>
> People have enough trouble understanding the difference between certificates and keys as it is.
>
> (RDF signing is nontrivial, because ideally you want to sign the graph, not the specific serialisation; in order to sign, you need consistent ordering of triples, and the only way you can order triples with bnodes as the subject is by their content… arriving at a consistent a graph consisting solely of bnodes isn't entirely straightforward, particularly if there are any referencing 'loops').

Mh it's a cert ontology because
- we will be able to use it to describe certificates.
- we are self-certifying
- the foaf profile server over https is signed - by the web server. Though the content is not certified.

Otherwise what do you propose? The namespace is http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/cert and so it has "cert" in it.

Perhaps the certitude ontology?

Henry