Re: long term webid of peter, contrary to rumour

On 11/14/11 2:59 PM, Peter Williams wrote:
> i opened my wordpress.com about page for editing, leaving only the
> <title> element from the previous post. I then edited in suggested
> material.
>
> Wordpress doesnt like the material, reducing it to the following, upon
> publication.

> Wordpress wont LET ME publish the RDFa.
> I have not got yet to the point where I can refer to it, as it doesnt
> exist yet. Common or garden web2.0 culture wont LET me publish data.
> Its not a matter of idealism, yet; it just doesnt work with the web
> that (consumer) folks have to work with.
> Now, im hoping someone knows a magic switch in the wordpress-cloud
> tenant config - that enables a wordpress site to publish a little graph.
Peter,

The magic switch doesn't exist.

You have to make a choice here, really.

Again, have you looked at what we do re. putting the fingerprint of the
claims based security token in the post via AtomPub?

> Im working up the nerve to host my own wordpress server (in microsoft
> webmatrix beta 2 hosting platform on IIS7, whose sample app already
> comes with OAUTH, openid, facebook, yahoo, twitter, live, etc
> BUILTIN). Perhaps, as "full" administrator I can tweak the settings so
> its all less paranoid.

Full admin might be an option, but then what have you really gained? I
thought your quest was about really simple and non disruptive entry
point for WebID exploitation.

Kingsley
> [...]
>                     do that, and if is some other site then do that.
>
>                     Or how do you think we should currently work with
>                     Peter William's profile? Should we perhaps add
>                     something to the spec that says if the URL is
>
>                     $ curl
>                     -ihttp://home.homepw2.operaunite.com/webserver/content/
>                     HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
>                     Connection: close
>                     Server: UniteProxy/0.2.5

>                     src="http://unite.opera.com/general/noservice/homepw2/home/"
>                     /></frameset></html>
>
>                     then we should go to
>                     http://yorkporc.wordpress.com/ and read the public
>                     key there by searching for the "RSA Public Key" string
>                     and then finding the key by guessing that that's
>                     probably a modulus because it looks like one?
>
>                     And even if we were to find the public key there,
>                     we would find that the webid does not point to the
>                     right place but to a different document that is
>                     unavailable. But perhaps that's acceptable because
>                     the spec should say that if its Peter William's
>                     site we should have an exception.
>
>                     Clearly you are not going to defend such a
>                     position. But currently I don't see how Peter
>                     Williams can claim that he even has a WebID, not
>                     in any meaningful way related to this group's work.
>

>                             Most implementations I know of now are
>                             working with RDF serialisations, so those
>                             are the ones we should be sticking by
>                             initially, as we did from the very start.
>

>                         Again, what on earth does that mean? That
>                         there will be a narrative utterly laced with
>                         that bias? Again, there's nothing wrong with
>                         saying: this is RDF based WebID etc.. That's
>                         better that pretending it isn't be it via spec
>                         or narrative.
>

>                     So what do you want the spec to say?
>

>                             Those serialisations are well documented
>                             and clearly specified.
>
>                         So?
>
>                         Kingsley
>

>                                     I see that your WebID Profile Page
>                                     - as it is called in the spec
>                                     section 2.3 - is in html. So I
>                                     guess it's meant to be parsed as RDFa.
>                                     The RDFa
>                                     http://www.w3.org/2007/08/pyRdfa/ validation
>                                     service seems to only return a few
>                                     URLs for your page.
>
>                                     I don't see that you have
>                                     specified any of the cert or rsa
>                                     namespaces so if you want to turn
>                                     that into a WebID you do need to
>                                     follow the explanation here
>
>                                     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/#rdfa-html-notation
>
>                                     If you find problems or
>                                     unclarities in any aspect of the
>                                     spec, please explain which part of
>                                     the text is unclear, and what
>                                     wording you suggest would help
>                                     improve it.
>

>                                 You are talking syntax again. Can
>                                 WebID not be discussed conceptually
>                                 without syntax specificity? Is this
>                                 impossible?
>

>                             I am talking spec.
>
>                             In the future when semantics is more
>                             clearly and widely understood then one
>                             will no longer need to mentions syntax.
>                             But at present that is not the case. The

President&  CEO