SAML - Re: [foaf-protocols] WebID test suite

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 09:37:03 +0200
Cc: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>, Peter Williams <home_pw@msn.com>, "public-xg-webid@w3.org" <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
To: Matt DeMoss <demoss.matt@gmail.com>

On 29 Jun 2011, at 00:55, Matt DeMoss wrote:

> Earlier in the thread I half-remembered a SAML profile that seemed to
> have something in common with WebID.
>
> This is the profile I was remembering:
>
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0/sstc-saml-holder-of-key-browser-sso.html

Thanks, good find. It looks - on very quick perusal - that the protocol is somewhat different, in that it requires the browser to generate some SAML token, requiring changes to the browsre. But that is a good reference to add to our
ISSUE-30.

Perhaps people with more SAML background can give us deeper insight into this.

Henry