WebID-ISSUE-4 (bblfish): Detail Authorization "protocol" using WebID

From: WebID Incubator Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 17:17:58 +0000
To: public-xg-webid@w3.org

WebID-ISSUE-4 (bblfish): Detail Authorization "protocol" using WebID

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/4

Raised by: Henry Story
On product:

Doing some of what OAuth does using WebID seems to require not much more than adding one relation to a Personal Profile document, and having servers use WebID authentication.

A very initial idea of how this can work was written up in the blog post
"Sketch of a RESTful photo Printing service with foaf+ssl"

http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/entry/sketch_of_a_restful_photo

Some research is being done on this to extend. It would require some implementations.

 We need to compare the possibilities enabled by this to what is done with OAuth, the same way we have worked on comparisons with OpenID.