WebID-ISSUE-3 (bblfish): Explore Large scale TLS WebID installation issues

From: WebID Incubator Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 14:59:21 +0000
To: public-xg-webid@w3.org

WebID-ISSUE-3 (bblfish): Explore Large scale TLS WebID installation issues

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/3

Raised by: Henry Story
On product:

Kingsely Idehen made me aware that Facebook will be moving to HTTPS
by tweeting the article  "Zuckerberg's Page Hacked, Now Facebook To Offer "Always On" HTTPS"

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/zuckerbergs_facebook_page_hacked_and_now_facebook.php

A Google Employee posted some information a little while ago on how
to why SSL server side was no longer a problem in "Overclocking SSL"

http://www.imperialviolet.org/2010/06/25/overclocking-ssl.html

So large installations of TLS are now being deployed. We need to discuss how WebID would impact
such installations. Is is compatible with the Google Overclocking technique for example? Might it in
fact improve things? Perhaps getting input from Google on this would be useful.

This issue was initially opened on the mailing list
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-webid/2011Jan/0067.html