WebID and browsers

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 20:16:56 +0100
To: WebID XG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
As we have quite a few experts with Browser experience on our Incubator
I would like to point to some of the work we have already done in this space.

The ESW Wiki has a section on Clients
   http://esw.w3.org/Foaf%2Bssl/Clients

As a follow up to a longer article on identity in the browser
http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/entry/identity_in_the_browser_firefox

I posted ideas in the guise of a bug report in Issue 29784 on Google Chromium

See especially the most recent posts there. (If it is a problem to have posted
that there I can repost it here)

The hope is that by posting these issues in public spaces the ideas would
be patent protected. Of course it would help to have this summarised
as a deliverable for this WG

   Should we perhaps collect these ideas in a note somehow? Any ideas
how one could formulate these suggestions? Is there some way we
can get more browser vendors interested in these improvements?

   Hopefully those are questions we can answer here.