Re: ACL

Hi,

On 25 Jan 2011, at 19:02, Henry Story wrote:

> Not sure.
>
> I think WebID spec and testing interoperability of WebID implementations
> is core, as well as issues in browsers that we can see that could improve
> things.
>
> ACLs are not far from the core, and may even be needed to get implementations
> going a bit beyond the simplest point. They may even be needed for testing.
>
> Every little thing we add can create a huge amount of workload. So we have to
> be careful :-)

Indeed, one year is quite short, and we have to follow the charter to avoid "off-topic" work and provide the expected deliverables on time.

However, mentioning ACL and some existing ontologies could be relevant in the requirements document.

> For example standardising ACLs could end up require work comparing
> all kinds of ACLs ontologies, not an easy task.
>
> Perhaps the question to ask is: where does not having ACLs start creating
> interoperability limitations for WebID implementations? Ie, how far can we
> go without them?

My feeling is that we could get WebID (authentication) without ACL issues.
What people do when the user is authenticated (e.g. use ACL ontology to deliver X or Y) is IMO a matter of the implementation, not of WebID itself.

Alex.

> Henry
>
> On 25 Jan 2011, at 19:42, Nathan wrote:
>
>> Hi All,