Re: Question: User Story -- Bootstrapping Facebook

On 10 Feb 2011, at 03:07, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> I'm interested in the short medium term, to see how easily
> compatible WebID is with their EXISTING setup?

Ah! I think I am starting to understand. You mean either of two things:

1) You mean you want to know how you can link an existing WebID enabled platform to a Facebook account? So that someone can declare in their WebID enabled profile what their Facebook one is. This could then help tie a WebID login to a Facebook account.
    I think foaf:OnlineAccount can help you there or sioc:UserAccount . You can even use a blank node for the User on the Facebook platform, because there won't be an X509 certificate that will need the webid. So presumably just add to a foaf file

@prefix : <http://bblfish.net/#> .
@prefix foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/> .

:hjs a foaf:Person;
     foaf:account [ foaf:accountServiceHomepage <http://facebook.com/>;
                    foaf:accountName "bblfish" ] .
    #public key info

That's probably enough, though asking on the foaf dev or sioc lists would give you some better insights.

That could be used to help logins with WebIDs line up with FB logins.

2) Your question may also be if one can put a WebID into Facebook as it is now, by using one of their APIs and developing a plugin that could be used to create and deposit a public key in their space. The advantage of that would not be so clear, as you would not be able to login to their site, and the access control part which we need to develop would need to be tied into their system...

3) or am I missing something.