Re: [foaf-protocols] low memory & WebID?

Binary XML should be fast, for files with just 4 or 5 tripled in 2 or 3 layers of nesting.

Asn1 is binary , and electronics (routers operating at 1g) have optimized coders decides for all the fixed types (including Certs).

On one 68020 us crypto box (whose firmware I got to reverse engineer) a famous telco/Internet company doing optimized secure data protocols was handling Certs in less than 1000 bytes of code space in the (then) rom. Not generalized type theory! Just bit decoder for fixed tagging and field sizes, in nested tlvs (like binary XML).

Sent from my iPhone