Mandatory client supported serializations

Well probably the main reason I wrote that is because it is also to
consider in the choice of mandatory serializations.
So far it seems WebID is set on requiring a more or less random bunch of
serializations based on guessing what mostly the publishers are going to
want to use, which has following aspects:
+ publishers get more freedom of choice
- hard implementing client code
- probably limiting the WebID use by high serialization parsing requirements
- alienating the fans of not chosen seralizations

Now lets consider the alternatives:
2) chooising 1 syntax with low parser requirements (n-triples?)
+ easy to implement client
+ low client implementation requirements
- less choice on publisher side
- alienating the fans of not chosen serializations

3) write the core spec by NOT requiring ANY specific serialization, but
create a separate document specifying a restrictions for creating an
interoperability "trade"mark, which carries all the points of 1) (maybe
lessening the - of alienation) but maintaining the WebID core
serialization agnostic, which is good modularity which avoids the
conflict of interests wanting the WebID to be most open and flexible and
wanting it to be a central piece of reliably interoperable network.

Feel free to add + and - points to the above, I just want to know why is
1) the way WebID is headed, not 3).
I know I am not participant of WebID XG, nor I have any implementation
ready, but I don't think that any of those facts makes my point less
logically valid.

Best,
Jiri

PS: I didn't add the subjective point of supporting the client side is
more important then giving mroe choice to the publishers