Re: Another Translator for RDF

On 12/28/11 9:42 PM, Peter Williams wrote:
> ow, Im tempted to put the following URI (or a tiny URI version of it)
> in my SAN URI
>
> http://rdf-translator.appspot.com/parse?url=http%3A%2F%2Fyorkporc2.blogspot.com%2F&of=n3
> <http://rdf-translator.appspot.com/parse?url=http%3A%2F%2Fyorkporc2.blogspot.com%2F&of=n3>
>
> Now Ive still no real idea how to think (as a consumer) about #tag vs
> document pointers , et al. Thinking as a consumer, I JUST WANT TO
> CLICK ON A BOOKMARKLET, and copy the resulting page's browser's
> address bar into my cert maker form - that simply replaced my existing
> cert with a new one (with a difference SAN name). 10s later I have a
> new cert. Thats how dumb its got to be (for manual interaction).
>
> FCNS accepts it.
> FOAF SSL rejects it
> ODS rejects it.
>
> I suspect FCNS is not truely "de-referencing", whereas the other 2 are.

Yes.

> Do I care, is the question I suppose I should ask.

Try:
http://rdf-translator.appspot.com/parse?url=http%3A%2F%2Fyorkporc2.blogspot.com%2F&of=n3
<http://rdf-translator.appspot.com/parse?url=http%3A%2F%2Fyorkporc2.blogspot.com%2F&of=n3>#this

That turns the Address into a Name with implicit disambiguation.
Basically, the server doesn't need to implement said disambiguation via
303 based redirection.

<http://rdf-translator.appspot.com/parse?url=http%3A%2F%2Fyorkporc2.blogspot.com%2F&of=n3
<http://rdf-translator.appspot.com/parse?url=http%3A%2F%2Fyorkporc2.blogspot.com%2F&of=n3>#this>
isDescribedBy
<http://rdf-translator.appspot.com/parse?url=http%3A%2F%2Fyorkporc2.blogspot.com%2F&of=n3
<http://rdf-translator.appspot.com/parse?url=http%3A%2F%2Fyorkporc2.blogspot.com%2F&of=n3>>
.

Thus, de-referencing:
<http://rdf-translator.appspot.com/parse?url=http%3A%2F%2Fyorkporc2.blogspot.com%2F&of=n3
<http://rdf-translator.appspot.com/parse?url=http%3A%2F%2Fyorkporc2.blogspot.com%2F&of=n3>#this>
, via GET leads to the representation (its eav/spo directed graph
pictorial consistency) of:
<http://rdf-translator.appspot.com/parse?url=http%3A%2F%2Fyorkporc2.blogspot.com%2F&of=n3
<http://rdf-translator.appspot.com/parse?url=http%3A%2F%2Fyorkporc2.blogspot.com%2F&of=n3>>
being streamed to the WebID validator.

The WebID validator then processes the retrieved graph by looking up the
relations that underlie the WebID protocol.

Hint:

Adding #this to the URL (Address) basically conforms to the Linked Data
(an old Object Theory rule) that an Object's Identity is distinct from
its Representation (values).

> This is rapidly getting consumable (once the quirks are ironed out).
> What I difference from the days of xwiki, and foaf.me.

Once the fundamentals are nailed and verifiers honor Linked Data
principles, we are set :-)

Founder&  CEO