RE: Important Question re. WebID Verifiers & Linked Data

 Peter did reintroduce it here (before Henry worked to put it the "deny its an issue till proven its problem" bucket). but, I only drew on an analogy, initially (not hard reasoning). What I had done in my code in similar circimstances when pulling an XRD file in thre cases (XRIs, http URIs, the "HXRN" URI/XRI hybrid of the https scheme)? i then asked myself should I do the SAME, in the webid validator? I asked, are the problem and issue sets the same, or related? If you look at my code (the implementation that doesnt exist (False), and doesnt work for 100% of relevant cases (true)) I took the easy way out. Given a SAN URI from a trusted cert (only), I webget the resource, using DEFAULT get semantics of the windows/dotNet library (as this impacts caching etc). if the resouce replies 200 (and nothing else), I allow the SAN URI onto the possible webid URI list. Otherwise, its ignored. I wrote a filter that is, relying on proxies, ISP, governments and the web generally to not lie about 200s (ok that was stupid security assumption, but there we are...) Then I asked a data morphing proxy service to convert remote doc formats into a reader format my reader class can handle (xml/rdf). Many threats exist in that handoff, since the proxy and moprher can lie. but, another stupid securityi assumption, and there we are again. Im trying to be in web land (not military land); and find the "right" balance. now, the XDI erquivalent answer that  Kingley gives IS THE RIGHT answer. But, note its implication. It requires we use OWL in the validation process, necessarily.
And, thats why I joined this incubator - not to drivel on about low level stuff I heard 3 years ago. I want to know, since W3C dissed OASIS on XRD, what the illustrils web architects have as the equivalent. I know its there, and I trust this lot on that topic. But, I want to see it on paper (so I can code it). > Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 13:08:34 -0500