Re: SNI Support

On 28 Apr 2011, at 23:19, Akbar Hossain wrote:

> Following a comment from Henry about issues of connecting to an https site he was trying to use.
> I have performed a few basic tests on SNI support using Safari and a Macbook.
>
> For those of you unsure SNI [1] is an extension to TLS which can address the issue of hosting multiple
> https hosts on a single IP address by sending the name of the virtual domain as part of the TLS negotiation.

Yes, that is very useful to know. If I understand correctly https://openid4.me/ runs with SNI. Andrei does https://auth.fcns.eu/
also run SNI?

> Be warned Safari seems to be particularly sensitive on Macbook. Less so on my Windows PC.
> I have not seen a problem with Firefox (but I have  done extensive testing)
>
> Perhaps an issue we want to document on the wiki somewhere and the list of things browsers or OS producers
> can be clearer about.

definitively.
There is the

	http://www.w3.org/wiki/Foaf%2Bssl/HOWTO

and

	http://www.w3.org/wiki/Foaf%2Bssl/Clients

faqs where I think that would currently be useful.  I wonder if anyone knows the solution to this issue, or has a pointer to
further information on the issue - a bug report or an explanation of it.