SNI Support

From: Akbar Hossain <akkiehossain@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 22:19:16 +0100
To: WebID XG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
Following a comment from Henry about issues of connecting to an https site
he was trying to use.
I have performed a few basic tests on SNI support using Safari and a
Macbook.

For those of you unsure SNI [1] is an extension to TLS which can address the
issue of hosting multiple
https hosts on a single IP address by sending the name of the virtual domain
as part of the TLS negotiation.

Be warned Safari seems to be particularly sensitive on Macbook. Less so on
my Windows PC.
I have not seen a problem with Firefox (but I have  done extensive testing)

Perhaps an issue we want to document on the wiki somewhere and the list of
things browsers or OS producers
can be clearer about.

Thanks

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication