Re: Green cloud? -- Re: Position Paper for W3C Workshop on Identity

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 20:46:12 +0200
Cc: public-xg-webid@w3.org
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>

On 26 Apr 2011, at 20:35, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> On 4/26/11 2:26 PM, Henry Story wrote:
>>

>> That's because WebID turns the cloud into a play ground for the social web :-)
> "the social web" ? Why not "a social web" . We have to be less provincial in our choice of words. WebID is about a tweak to what exists. Not a land grab or new club.
>
> "The" is one of the biggest problems with "The Semantic Web". A single word can skew intent.

I don't know: people don't usually speak of "a telephone network". The speak of "the telephone network"
because it is global, and there would be no point of having 25 different ones. Or at least that was given up a long time ago. So the same we are turning the cloud into a playground for the social web, because there will be one big social web, not many little ones. And of course it will be open to all to join. Including your foes.

Henry