Re: Fwd: Re: a totally minimal RDFa doc, please

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:41:32 -0400
To: Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>
CC: WebID XG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
> (I generated the page from the second tab of http://x509.me
> The test a certificate option. My cert was generated of the first page
> (optional). My cert had a SAN pointing to a blank page to start with.
> Press the test button on the second tab. It fails as it was a blank
> page and spits out the rdfa required for it to pass. Cut, copy, paste.)

I just tested the service above.

Results:

1. HTTP scheme WebIDs - Pass
2. Non HTTP scheme WebIDs - Fail .

WebID is not about HTTP scheme WebIDs, solely. Courtesy of WWW ubiquity,
HTTP scheme WebIDs are a very cost-effective *option*. Important
downside: they are unintuitive. Basically, the problem addressed by
WebFinger and Fingerpoint. Thus, we must stick to URI scheme agnosticism
re WebID verification.

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com